Need help in choosing a course in Polytechnic

Hi Everyone, I’m about to graduate from Secondary 4 this year and I have troubles finding which course to take in School.

My parents have no qualms about me taking any course, but the problem is, I do not know what I want to do yet. I’m afraid I might lose my interest if I take the wrong course.

Also, most of my friends have their heart on SP or NP, but I’m not even sure what course to take there.

Any advice would be appreciated.
3d-road-sign-saying-lost-and-found-vector-id501689763

Hi,

I feel you on this topic. Was in the same predicament as you at Secondary 4. But for myself, the option of going into JC was open for me (not sure if this is the same for you…?)

Considered very briefly to go into Poly, but as my interests were very varied, didn’t think Poly was a good fit for me. JC gave me a good 2 years buffer to really explore my interests more in depth before I went into Uni.

For yourself, if you’re set on poly, maybe consider what are your strengths and interests and don’t go into a course that is too niche so you’re able to branch out later on. I know of friends who go into Business first and then consider making a switch later. Importantly, don’t discount the skills you will pick up in Poly as many of them might be transferable, no matter what career you go into in the future :slight_smile: Jiayous~

1 Like

Hello! It’s great that your parents are supportive of any course you choose, but I understand how daunting it can be to make such an important decision. Have you considered taking a career assessment test? These tests can help you identify your strengths, interests, and values and suggest careers that may be a good fit for you. Another option is to speak with a career counselor or mentor who can provide guidance and support as you explore your options. Additionally, you could research different courses and careers online or attend career fairs to learn more about your options. Remember, it’s okay to not have everything figured out right away. Take your time and explore your interests and options before making a decision. Good luck!