Office Politics and climbing the ladder

As a new joiner to the working world I find it hard to navigate through office politics. My eyes were opened after joining a big MNC, I realise that it is so different from school. I am finding it hard to wrap my head around this and sometimes feel like quitting.

How would anyone suggest a fresh worker in the workforce navigate office politics and climb the corporate ladder?

2 Likes

I would love to know too, it’s so hard navigating this space as a fresh person into the workforce. I find it hard to find people I can trust as well!

It’s a tough world out there, when I was younger, it seems like the world awaits me. Now, it is so much more difficult. If I were to turn back time, I would be on my feet to constantly keep up with the new technologies and methods. I would improve my communication skills, ability to crisis manage and also how to manage expectations of myself and my manager.

The people who make it are the ones who are consistent and always showing up.

1 Like

I think it’s all about shifting the mindset, from politics to adding value, from climbing the ladder to being involved and present to enable the company to move.

1 Like