UI/UX Designer in Singapore

Hi,

A Psychology undergraduate here looking to go into Business as a career, specifically UI/UX Design in Singapore. It’s a pretty new career, so any tips/advice/resources on technical skills, career development, salary would be helpful. Thank you :slight_smile:

Sorry I can’t help much, but I think a UI/UX designer is a good tech role to transition from a non-tech background, if you want to work in this industry without coding, this would be the pathway!

2 Likes

Hey, I am also interested in pursuing UX/UI and in the course of my research, I found that there are the following sites that you might learn more from: 1) Coursera - Google; 2) Skillshare - for UX/UI experts (use the one month free trial to test it); 3) Private companies like General Assembly, Vertical Institute.

Based on my friends who are in the industry, I think pay wise really depends on whether you are working for a start up or an MNCs, and I understand that starting pay is about 3.5K but as you grow in experience, you have promotion opportunities going upwards to 5k. It offers hybrid/flexi working conditions (also dependent on the boss you are working with). Technical skills wise, I heard them mention about the software Figma to work your screens on. Most people think that UX/UI sounds like a designer job, hence needing good visual skills, but I think that can be trained so don’t let that deter you.

Jia you!